DAMA RVA is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of its members and friends with respect to their data privacy. We intend for this policy to be compliant with Virginia's Consumer Data Privacy Act (VCDPA, Chapter 53, section 59.1-575). We provide this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
This Policy is applicable to all who visit our website and attend events as members, guests, or sponsors. Subject to the information provided in this Privacy Notice, we have structured our Site so that, in general, you can visit DAMA RVA on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us personal information (name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) you can be assured that it will only be used to support your member/customer relationship with us, or as otherwise set out in this Privacy Notice. Our membership application process or our registration process for seminars, may request and/or require you to submit personal information. However, you can be assured that any such personal information that you submit to us will be protected by industry standard security and management procedures and will be used only for the purpose for which it was submitted, unless you request or agree otherwise, or as otherwise set out in this Privacy Notice.
II. Information We Collect
We collect information about you in the following manner: direct input from you in person, over the phone, on the website or in conference calls. In addition, we may collect information about you from your institution, third-party, and automated sources.
II.A Information You Provide To Us
The type of personal information that we collect directly from you is dependent on your interaction with us and may include the following:
- Contact details – name, email address, postal address, phone number, and social media handle.
- Account login credentials – username, password, password hints.
- Other account registration and profile information – current position, practice area(s), post-nominal designations, photo.
- Payment information.
- Information communicated to us – questions or information shared with DAMA RVA.
- Communication preferences – message frequency, type, preferred language.
II.B Data From Your Institution
We may obtain information about you from the institution with which you are affiliated - employed or registered as a student to activate and manage your member or sponsor subscription including the following:
- Contact details – name, institutional email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Other account registration information – job title.
II.C Data From Other Third-Party Sources
We may also obtain contact details and information about you from third parties including:
- Partners with which we engage in joint marketing activities.
- Social networks – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
II.D Data From Automated Technologies
Personal data may be collected automatically about how you and your device interact with us, such as:
- Computer, device, and connection information – IP address, browser type, operating system, additional unique device identifiers, technical identifiers, and performance data.
- Usage data – URL click stream data with date and time stamps, referring and exit pages, pages visited, self-selected settings.
- GPS data – physical location of your device.
III. How We Use Your Information
For a better experience and depending upon how you interact with us, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate, and manage your access to our website and information.
- Notify you about changes, updates, upcoming events, and other pertinent announcements.
- Deliver targeted messages.
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis for the purpose of marketing and effective business operations.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Respond to inquiries, comments, concerns, and requests.
- Conduct surveys that are related to DAMA RVA.
- Share information from partners and DAMA International.
- Provide you with promotions from third parties and partners.
IV. Sharing Information
V. Communication Preferences
You can manage your communication preferences by using the 'opt-in/out" or subscribe/unsubscribe mechanisms, or by contacting us directly. Under VCDPA and certain other data protection regulations, you have the right to the following:
- Access to, correction and deletion of your personal information.
- Restriction or objection of our processing your personal information.
- Portability of your personal information.
If you wish to request to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to these requests to maintain compliance with the applicable laws.
VI. Data Retention
DAMA RVA may retain your personal information for as long as necessary, or to comply with regulations for maintaining operational and fiduciary records.
VII. Data Security
DAMA RVA ensures necessary precautions to safeguard your personal information against fraud, loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized disclosure and access.
VIII. Your Rights
- Right to access – You have the right to confirm as to whether we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you corrected.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data without delay.
- Right to restrict processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; your information will be removed timely.
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to remove prior consent statements; to use your data any time.
X. Contact Us
For further information, to file a complaint, obtain clarity, or express concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.